I am a highly skilled .NET Developer with 12 years experience designing & developing user-friendly database-driven websites, e-commerce sites, content management systems (CMS), and bespoke web applications using Microsoft technologies such as ASP.NET MVC (C#), SQL Server, Classic ASP & Windows Forms.
Having spent 3 years working for top web agencies in the Netherlands, I have been a freelance web developer for the past 9 years. I've built all sorts of systems for a variety of companies from travel, retail & marketing companies to publishers, educational & medical organisations.
- ASP.NET 4.0, 3.5, 2.0, 1.1 MVC & Web Forms Frameworks
- C#/VB.NET/Entity Framework/LINQ/RESTful Web Services
- jQuery & Ajax
- Windows Forms Programming (C#)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2008, 2005, 2000 (data modeling, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS packages & database administration)
- MySQL 5.2 & earlier
- Classic ASP (VB Script)
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2010, 2008, 2005, 2003, ReSharper
- Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Perforce source control
- Microsoft Internet Information Services administration (5,6,7.5)
- All Windows operating systems (Windows 2008 to DOS 6.22), Linux, Mac
- Microsoft Content Management Server
- DotNetNuke content management system
Senior ASP.NET Web Developer, Relentless Software, Brighton, East Sussex – Jan 2009 to Nov 2009
A contract role for this developer of best-selling Sony Playstation video games.
- Technical lead of team responsible for developing & supporting a suite of C#/SQL Server Windows tools & ASP.NET web applications used to produce, manage & localise in-game content.
- Hands-on coding as well as management & allocation of incoming development tasks.
- SQL Server database admin, including migration of 60+ databases from SQL 2000 to 2008.
Freelance ASP.NET Web Developer, Brighton, East Sussex - Dec 2007 to Present
The Green People - Organic Skin Care Product Manufacturer
Technical design and development of bespoke website & CMS which allows the client to create, populate & manage multiple branded websites (one for each of their product ranges) from a single code base. This n-tier system was developed in ASP.NET 3.5 (C#/LINQ), SQL Server 2005 & runs on a Win 2008/IIS7 server.
www.organicbabies.com, www.organicyoung.com & www.organicsun.co.uk
Community Sites – Community, Heritage & Life Story Websites
This international award winning Sussex based company have over the past 9 years developed a CMS which allows site visitors to contribute content to over 30 different community, heritage & life story websites e.g. www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk.
Community Sites have hired me on various occasions to make upgrades to the CMS and also to troubleshoot & solve performance issues that the system was experiencing. CMS developed in ASP.NET 2.0 & SQL Server 2005.
Lighthouse – Advertising Agency Technical design & build of web application used to manage & archive their ad placing process. App created in ASP.NET 3.5(C#/LINQ) & SQL 2005.
Extreme Music – Music Stock Library
Addition of new features to a legacy system used to manage one of their important business processes. System is built in ASP.NET 2.0 with a MySQL database.
Outline Gallery – Fine Artist
Site developed in ASP.NET 3.5(C#/LINQ) & SQL 2005.
Sutton Winson - Insurance & Risk Managers
Support in setting up an ASP.NET 2.0/SQL 2005 internal web based application.
IAG Flights – Travel Company
Troubleshooting & maintenance work on a legacy ASP/Access website & CMS.
ASP.NET Web Developer, Friday-Ad, West Sussex - March 2007 to December 2007
Development of AJAX enabled ASP.NET 2.0/SQL Server 2005 and classic ASP websites belonging to Friday-Ad’s large portfolio of classified advertising sites. I also built a C# Windows Forms application to process & migrate data between various SQL Server & MySQL databases.
- Localjobsearch - Job advertising website.
- Ukbike - Community & classified advertising website for bikers.
- Clickcars - Website offering classified advertising for motor vehicles.
- Friday-Ad - High traffic classified advertising website.
- Trade-It - High traffic classified advertising website.
Freelance ASP.NET Web Developer, Brighton, East Sussex - May 2003 to March 2007
- Patrick Holford - Development & support of E-Commerce websites for this health & nutrition specialist. Sites developed in ASP.NET 1.1 (VB) & SQL 2000.
http://www.patrickholford.com & http://www.foodforthebrain.org
- Medical Organisation - A recruitment website for a medical organisation. Website features a 9 page online application form, CMS & backend reporting tools. Built in ASP.NET 2.0(C#) & SQL 2005. (client name confidential).
- Concept Holidays - Travel company website & CMS, developed in ASP & SQL 2000.
- Employment Services Provider - 60 plus page website & CMS for this provider of employment services. Developed in ASP.NET(C#) & SQL 2000.
- Pleisure Pub Co - Web design & development of content managed website for a pub chain’s head office & 12 pubs, built in ASP.NET(C#) & Access 2000.
- Starfish Holidays - Travel company website & CMS, developed in ASP & SQL 2000.
- Tableaux Museum Mannequins - Web design & development of online portfolio for a model maker, built in ASP.NET(C#) & Access 2000.
- Visions of Africa - Travel company website & CMS, developed in ASP & SQL 2000.
- Orlando Villa Specialists - Villa reservation system which takes online bookings and payments, while back end tools allow villa owners to manage their own villa’s content & set prices/availability and for the site owner to manage the business, custom built in ASP.NET(C#) & SQL 2000. (Site no longer online)
- Employment Services Provider - Advertising management system for a provider of employment services, developed in ASP & SQL 2000.
- CEDP Website - Website for an educational organisation, built on DotNetNuke, an open source ASP.NET(VB)/SQL 2000 content management system.
- CEDP Client Database - Custom built ASP.NET(C#)/SQL 2000 database application to manage the organisation’s client data.
- The Creative Department - ASP/SQL 2000 database application for a marketing organisation which manages the client’s press releases, contacts, subscriptions, projects & related tasks.
Web Developer, Lost Boys, Amsterdam - May 2001 to May 2003
- Sanofi-Synthelabo - Website & CMS development on proprietary ASP/SQL 2000 CMS for IconMediaLab in Milan.
http://www.automedicazione.it & http://www.teamsalute.it
- Getronics - Multi-lingual website & CMS development on Microsoft CMS 2001/SQL 2000 system.
- Wolters Kluwer - Lead developer for new release of Microsoft CMS 2001/SQL 2000 website & CMS.
- Kustzeilvereniging Wassenaar - Lead developer for ASP/Access 2000 website & CMS.
- Wolters Kluwer - Multi-lingual website & CMS development on Microsoft CMS 2001/SQL 2000 system.
- Omron - Multi-lingual website & CMS development on custom built ASP/SQL 7 system.
Web Developer, Impiric, Amsterdam - Apr 2000 to Feb 2001
- Ericsson - Front end development for multi-lingual corporate web sites on proprietary ASP/SQL 7 CMS system.
- Intranet - Website & CMS development on custom built ASP/SQL 7 system.
Tech Support & Training, Stream, Amsterdam - Oct 1997 to Mar 2000
- Technical Trainer
- Lead trainer for multilingual technical support teams.
- Designed, organised & delivered trainings on networking (TCP/IP, Ethernet) and operating systems (Win 9X-2000, Novell).
- French/English 1st & 2nd Line Technical Support
- 3Com routers, Hewlett Packard’s corporate PC’s & 3Com’s Palm Pilot.
Kingston University, London, U.K. - 1992-96
- BA (Hons) Economics & French, Classification 2:1.
Lewes Old Grammar School, Sussex, England - 1983-90
- 3 A-Levels, 1 AS-Level and 10 GCSE’s.
- Native English, fluent French, good Dutch, basic Italian.